Searching For Freelance Educational Writing Jobs Online: 10 Great Suggestions
The wonderful thing about being a freelance writer is that you can do many types of jobs. You do not have to limit your job options and can go far as a freelancer. So, do not be afraid to apply for any job that is seeking individuals with good writing skills.
Here are a few of the jobs one can get as a professional writer:
- You can be a contributing writer to a local newspaper or magazine.
- Can be a guest writer for online blogs, online newspapers, and online magazines.
- Can make money writing your own blogs, articles, and books.
- Can become a published author with your writing skills.
- Can work as an adjunct faculty professor for a local community college or 4 year college teaching English or Writing Classes.
- Can always work for a company that needs professional writers to do various types of papers for them.
- Can work for after school programs or schools as a English teacher or substitute teacher.
How to market yourself for freelance educational writing jobs?
- Should apply for adjunct professor positions offered by community colleges or 4 year college.
- It is good to set up a website or blog site that will display samples of your writings.
- It is good to have a resume that provides your skills, training, and knowledge as a professional writer.
- Remember the old saying, “It is not what you know, but who you know.” It is always good to ask family or friends for job referrals and recommendations.
- Can always sign up on special websites that are exclusively for individuals looking for freelance writers.
- Never be afraid to go outside of your comfort zone to find freelance work.
Here are 10 great suggestions for finding that perfect educational freelance writing job online:
- Suggestion One: Ensure that you have an updated resume that highlights your writing experience.
- Suggestion Two: Have a website or blog site set up to display some of your writing samples.
- Suggestion Three: Always good to take a class or two to improve your writing skills.
- Suggestion Four: Always good to offer your writing services for free or at a reduced rate to small businesses to improve your visibility as a writer.
- Suggestion Five: It is good to volunteer as a contributing writer to newspapers and magazines to enhance your resume.
- Suggestion Six: Be constantly applying for jobs that are looking for writers.
- Suggestion Seven: The best place to apply for professional writing jobs are at local community colleges or 4 year colleges as an adjunct faculty member.
- Suggestion Eight: Conduct workshops or seminars for the general public on the issue of becoming a professional writer.
- Suggestion Nine: Do not be afraid to ask for job referrals from family, friends, or colleagues regarding educational jobs.
- Suggestion Ten: Always be on the lookout for opportunities to apply for educational writing jobs.